START-UP NY offers new and expanding businesses the opportunity to operate tax-free for 10 years on or near eligible university or college campuses in New York State.
Partnering with SUNY Orange, and SUNY campuses across New York State, gives businesses direct access to advanced research laboratories, development resources and experts in key industries.
Eligible START-UP NY businesses need to align with, and/or further SUNY Orange's academic and training mission to provide quality, accessible educational opportunities to the citizens of Orange County. SUNY Orange has the greatest interest in businesses that align with the College's mission, focus on high demand majors and Continuing and Professional Education (CAPE) programs.
SUNY Orange is interested in companies employing innovative uses of emerging technologies. Industry sectors identified as of particular interest include information technology; biotech, biomedical and healthcare (to the degree allowed by program regulations); and advanced manufacturing.
Also of particular interest are businesses that reflect the College's commitment to sustainability and general good corporate citizenship, and improve the opportunity for the College to strengthen its relationships with four-year institutions of higher learning, facilitating the seamless transfer career pathways.
To participate in START-UP NY, your company must meet the following requirements:
- Be a new business in New York State, or an existing New York business relocating to or expanding within the state
- Partner with a New York State college or university
- Create new jobs and contribute to the economic development of the local community
- Additional eligibility requirements can be found at the START-UP NY website
For additional information, or to find out how you can partner with SUNY Orange and StartUp NY, please contact Vinnie Cazzetta, Vice President of Institutional Advancement, at (845) 341-4726 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quick Facts
- Consumer Information (Student Right to Know Act)
- College Goals, Vision, Mission and Values
- START-UP NY
- Strategic Plan Archives
- The State University of New York
- Directions >
- Board of Trustees >
- Office of the President >
115 South Street
Middletown, NY 10940