SUNY Orange 24-Credit Hour (GED/HSE) Program
Here's your chance to earn your high school diploma!
EARN a high school equivalency diploma (G.E.D.) after completing 24 college credits in the following areas with a cumulative G.P.A. of 2.0 (C) or better:
- 6 credits in English Language Arts, which can include writing, speaking, and/or reading(literature);
- 3 credits in mathematics;
- 3 credits in natural science;
- 3 credits in social science;
- 3 credits in humanities;
- 6 credits in student's degree program.
- APPLY 24 college credits to a degree or certificate program.
You must be at least 17 years of age and answer yes to one of the following questions:
- Are you a member of a graduated high school class?
- Have you been out of high school for at least one full year?
The 24-Credit Hour Program is not intended to encourage students to drop out of school. Developmental and/or English as a Second Language courses cannot be part of the 24 credits.
How To Apply for the 24-Credit Hour Program:
- Schedule your 24-Credit Hour appointment with an Admissions Counselor; this is required to explain the program, how it impacts your financial aid eligiblity and before you can apply for admission.
- Complete an online application for admission and submit it with a non-refundable $30.00 application fee to the Office of Admissions.
- Take your placement test along with the Ability to Benefit section.
- Have your high school mail or fax an official academic transcript of all work completed before you withdrew (required for students 18 or younger).
To schedule your required interview or for general questions regarding the 24-Credit Hour Program, please call the Office of Admissions at 845-341-4030.