Are you doing well in high school and looking for an academic challenge? Why wait until after graduation when you can get started TODAY? Explore college opportunities while still in high school!
For over 20 years, SUNY Orange has been offering high school students the opportunity to "jump start" their college career via the College Experience Program (CEP). High school juniors and seniors have chosen the College Experience Program for many reasons. As a SUNY Orange student, you will have an opportunity to:
- Earn college credits while still in high school
- Apply credits towards a high school diploma and/or a degree at Orange or transfer them to another college or university
- Gain confidence in a college setting
- Enhance your opportunities for acceptance into the college of your choice
- Save money by paying significantly less than at most other colleges and universities
Who can participate in the College Experience Program?
Students may enter the College Experience Program as part-or full-time students.
Students entering the CEP program for the first time must meet the following requirements:
- Seniors need a minimum combined course average (cumulative GPA) of 85 in all Regents courses, and a minimum score of 85 on the NYS Regents Exam that corresponds to their SUNY Orange CEP course.
- Juniors need a minimum combined course average of 90 (cumulative GPA) in all Regents courses and a minimum score of 90 on the NYS Regents Exam that corresponds to their SUNY Orange CEP course.
- To be full-time (12 credits or more) or to study English as a part-time student, a student must be a senior and have earned an 85 or higher on the NYS English Language Arts Exam.
- Students enrolled in Community College in the High School who wish to be concurrently enrolled in the College Experience Program may take no more than 15 credits as a combined total.
How to Apply
- Fill out and submit the online application form indictating desired courses at SUNY Orange and have a parent or guardian certify the form by entering their name at the end. You must re-apply each semester.
- Request from your guidance counselor an official high school transcript and a letter of recommendation indicating ability to do college leve work (to be submitted as soon as possible).
- If the college courses will be applied toward high school graduation, the letter must include the following for full-time students: "a New York State high school diploma from __________ High School will be issued to __________ upon successful completion of the following specific courses" and the list of Orange County Community College courses required for high school graduation.
- Interview with an Admissions representative (Students will be contacted after Admissions validates their eligibility).
- Students must bring immunization records if they wish to take 6 or more credits during a semester.
Participants in the College Experience Program who intend to continue study at SUNY Orange after they receive their high school diploma should apply for matriculation (formal admission) by filing an application for matriculation during their senior year.
For specific information on programs, deadlines, and tuition, call the Office of Admissions at (845) 341-4030.
- Admissions Home
- Academic Programs
- Apply Now
- Health Professions
- Placement Testing
- Visit SUNY Orange
- Accepted Students
- Seamless Transfer Process
- Viewbook >
- Quick Facts >
- Honors Program >
- Veterans and Military Services >
- Info for High School Students
- Related Services and Departments
- Admissions Forms