All newly admitted students must attend a New START workshop (Student Advising and Registration Tutorial).
Students must complete the first portion of the workshop online and attend the second portion on campus. The link to the registration page for the campus workshop will be provided at the end of the online workshop. Students will meet with an Academic Advisor to create a course schedule.
The online portion of the New START workshop will last approximately one hour. Please plan to complete the workshop in one sitting. When complete, students will be able to schedule the in-person portion of the New START workshop. Please plan two and a half hours on campus to complete the New START workshop, meet with an Advisor and register for classes. Please bring a valid photo ID and arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of the workshop. Due to limited space, only students are permitted to attend the workshop (no parents or children).
The goals of this workshop are:
- To introduce students to college resources and support services
- To explain basic academic policies and procedures
- To set academic expectations
- To explain the next steps in the Registration process
- To introduce students to online resources within the MySUNYOrange account
- To better prepare students for their advising conversation with Advisors
Students will be able to schedule a New START workshop when the following criteria have been met:
- Student has been accepted to SUNY Orange
- Student has submitted immunization records
- Student has taken the Placement Test or been granted a waiver
To schedule a New START workshop, students should log in to their MySUNYOrange account, click on the Student Academics tab and check the Accepted Students Checklist box. When eligible, the link to sign up for a New START workshop will be live. The Admissions Department will also send an email with the sign-up link.
If you have any questions about your invitation to sign up for a New START workshop, please contact the Office of Admissions at (845) 341-4030.
- Walk-in Hours
- Contact Us
- New Student Advising
- Student Success Workshops
- Current and Returning Students
- Advising FAQs
- Ask an Advisor
- Transfer Advising
- Veterans and Military Services >
- Peer Advising Program
- Mission & Goals
Shepard Student Center
Student Services Central
† Advising Survey hosted by SurveyMonkey.com