Why New Media?
Are you looking for a career in television, film or audio production? Screenwriting, broadcasting or media development? If so an A.A.S. degree in New Media may be the choice for you!
Why New Media at SUNY Orange?
Students in this program have access to a state-of-the art television studio, with industry standard equipment. The hands-on experience provided in this course of study allows students to learn in the environment in which they will be seeking employment. Rather than an overview, these courses provide the community with in-depth training that will enhance their marketability in this ever-changing and growing industry.
The Associate in Applied Science degree program in New Media prepares SUNY Orange students with the skills needed to pursue a career in the field of video, audio, and/or digital film production.
Graduates of this program will be proficient in visual composition using different forms of digital media such as video, photography, web design and art. Graduates will also be proficient in audio production, specifically, digital radio production, sound design, and audio engineering.
This course of study is designed for students seeking career opportunities in television production, film production, audio production, screenwriting, news broadcasting, and media development. Students may also transfer to a four-year institution upon graduation.
Upon completion of their degree, students will:
- Demonstrate knowledge of communication theories and history of mass media
- Have utilized creative software that is standard in the media industry
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the audio and video production process from pre-production and production to post-production
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the individual functions of a production crew and exhibit proficiency in each role.
- Demonstrate the application of video/audio synchronization and composition
- Demonstrate fundamental understanding of media business practices
- Have developed a personal writing process that culminates in the creation of a short film, scripted, taped, edited and produced by the student
- Have created a portfolio containing work developed throughout the program
- New Media Degree
- Visual Communications Degree
- Performing Arts Degree
- Liberal Arts Degree
- Performance Ensembles
- Colt Rock Radio >
- College Events >
Orange Hall 27B