Hall of Fame
The primary goal of the Colt Athletic Hall of Fame is to recognize those individuals, who by outstanding achievement in athletics or service to the College, have made lasting contributions to the sports program.
While athletic achievement is the primary qualifier for eligibility, the character of the nominee and their contributions to the institution and the community were also considered.
Annually, the selection committee may elect to present honorary Hall of Fame Awards to those individuals who have distinguished themselves through exemplary service and commitment to the SUNY Orange Athletic Department.
The committee also reviews contributions and achievements of past SUNY Orange athletic teams and can choose to present Hall of Fame Team Awards.
Athletes and administrators may be nominated for the Hall of Fame at any time throughout the year. Alumni and friends of the College may submit athletes for consideration, but athletes are also able to nominate themselves if they choose to do so.
Class of 2016 Inducted
- SUNY Orange’s Colt Athletic Hall of Fame welcomed the five-member Class of 2016 during a breakfast ceremony Saturday morning (Nov. 12) at Kuhl’s Highland House in Middletown.
- The five members of the Colt Athletic Hall of Fame’s fifth induction class are Frank Carrozza ’67, Matt Dillon ’87, Sam Markovits, Jack McMahon and Dana O’Neill ’91. This year’s quintet represented the sports of wrestling, baseball, men’s basketball, women’s basketball, softball, men’s tennis, women’s tennis and women’s volleyball.
Nominiate Someone Today
The Colt Athletic Hall of Fame will accept nominations of former athletes, coaches, administrators and others for consideration throughout the calendar year. However, to be considered for inclusion in the next class of inductees, nominations must be received by the College no later than Dec. 31 of the previous calendar year (for example, nominations for the lass of 2016 had to be submitted by Dec. 31, 2015).
Nominations can be submitted online (nomination form) or via regular mail to: Wayne Smith, SUNY Orange Athletic Director, 115 South Street, Middletown, NY 10940. Please provide as much supporting information and documentation as you can in order to fully support your nomination.
- Home - Headlines
- Upcoming Events
- Soccer (Div III)
- Volleyball (Div III)
- Men's Basketball (Div II)
- Women's Basketball (Div II)
- Baseball (Div II)
- Golf (Div III)
- Softball (Div II)
- Men's Cross Country (Div III)
- Women's Cross Country (Div III)
- Coaching Staff
- Prospect Questionnaire†
- SUNY Orange: Varsity 845U†
- SUNY Orange NJCAA Stats†
- Summer Camps & Leagues
- Public Recreation
- Photos and Videos
- Title IX
- Movement Sciences Department >
- Athletic Clothing >
- Colt Athletic Hall of Fame
†Opens in a new window.
Assistant Athletic Director