Educational Opportunity Program (EOP)
What is EOP?
The Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) is designed to improve access and retention of historically low-income and educationally disadvantaged students. EOP Students have the potential and demonstrated motivation to perform satisfactorily at SUNY Orange, but they have not been able to realize their fullest potential because of their economic or educational background. The EOP program is a vehicle for SUNY Orange to increase access, academic success, retention, degree completion, and transfer assistance for our EOP students.
Who May Apply?
- Must be a New York State Resident for 12 months prior to enrollment;
- Must be a first semester student (never taken a college course prior);
- Be a high school graduate with a 68-80 average or have a G.E.D (General Equivalency Diploma) and placed into developmental writing 040 and/or reading 080 or no developmental placement.
- Must demonstrate potential for completing a college program; and
- Be a member of a household with a gross annual income that does not exceed the applicable amount stated in the NYS Educational Department’s Guidelines (see chart on eligibility tab)