Undergraduate Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy7/1/2011

Federal SAP Standards

State SAP Standards

Financial Aid Probation

Financial Aid Appeals

Federal regulations (Sections 668.16(e).668.32(f) and 668.34) require that schools monitor the academic progress of each applicant for federal financial assistance and that the school certify that the applicant is making satisfactory academic progress toward earning his/her degree. This determination of progress must be made at least once a year and before the financial aid office disburses any federal aid funds for the subsequent semester.


Academic progress is checked at the end of each academic year. SUNY Orange’s academic year for Associate Degree programs is measured from May to May. If you fail to meet the minimum completion percentage (attempted vs. accumulated credit hours) or maintain the minimum grade point average you will forfeit all federal financial aid. If you have reached the maximum number of attempted credits without earning a degree, you will be excluded from further participation in federal financial aid programs (Pell grants, Direct Loans, and Federal Work Study). Federal regulations require that these standards apply to all students.

Repeating Coursework:

Financial Aid for repeated coursework is available through Federal Aid Programs only! New York State Aid programs do not provide for repeated coursework!

Contact Us:


Middletown Office

Office of Financial Aid
Shepard Center, 3rd floor
115 South Street
Middletown NY 10940

Newburgh Office

Office of Financial Aid
Kaplan Hall
One Washington Ctr
Newburgh NY 12550


Office Hours:
Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm