Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, students will have obtained the following skillsets:
Interdisciplinary Academic Inquiry
- do academic work more advanced than that presented in standard two-year programs.
- demonstrate knowledge of the commonalities and diversity of various academic disciplines.
- make connections between material studied in a specific course and ideas and approaches encountered in other disciplines.
- demonstrate enhanced oral and written communication skills and organizational strategies compared with students in standard two-year programs.
- access and use appropriate learning resources
- present a portfolio of honors activities and achievements
- feel prepared for upper division study at tier one institutions
- demonstrate understanding of the commonalities and diversity of various global cultures
- place course material from disparate fields of study in cultural and sub-cultural contexts
- demonstrate advanced knowledge of the arts as well as interrelationships among them
- show a record of cultural experiences
- Define a developing sense of citizenship
- Assert a strengthened personal character and an enhanced ethical sense
- Show a record of participatory experience in service and community related activities
- Feel prepared for ongoing and expanding community involvement
- describe various leadership styles and levels
- demonstrate leadership in a variety of settings academic or otherwise
- employ appropriate leadership styles in a variety of situations
- show a record of leadership experiences
- feel prepared for future leadership opportunities