SUNY Orange strives to meet the professional and personal development needs of all SUNY Orange employees by providing educational opportunities for faculty and staff at various stages in their careers, and providing all employees with facilitated learning opportunities in a wide variety workshops and presentations.
Both the Faculty Staff Development Committee and the ad-hoc Professional Development Committee and the governance have both provided input and guidance towards this goal.
Courses, Programs, and Curricula Areas:
Our Events listing (left) contains information about professional and personal development activities on campus from the following departments:
- Human Resources – offering training opportunities for all employees in Work Skills, Personal Growth, Wellness, and Professional and Career Development.
- Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) - offering training opportunities focusing on the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning.
- Academic Technology – specializing in training opportunities on Instructional / Classroom Technologies and Online Learning.
- Information Technology – offering training opportunities for all employees concentrating on Workplace Technologies.
All departments involved are committed to collecting feedback from the campus community regarding potential educational events and programming to offer in order to support the needs of all employees. We hope that our activities spark your interest in lifelong learning, increase your skills and knowledge, and allow you to grow both professionally and personally.
Professional Development Forms:
Our Professional Development forms listing contains information on how to access sources of funding for professional development. This includes:
- grants for courses and coursework taken outside SUNY Orange.
- attending conferences
- tuition waivers are available for classes at SUNY Orange.