- Select a Scholarship
- Review Minimum Qualifications
- File Application and Documentation
- Filing Deadline and Selection Criteria
- View the list of Entering Freshman Scholarships
- Merit Based only – Scholarships awarded based upon academic merit only
- Merit and Financial Need – Scholarships awarded based upon merit and financial need. To establish financial need, students are required to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)†, even if the student is not seeking Federal Financial Aid.
[ top ]
- Applicants must have at least an 80% high school average unless stated otherwise within the scholarship listing
- Applicants must file for Admissions by April 15th.
- Applicants must be matriculated and plan on enrolling full time in an Associate Degree or Certificate Program in the Fall unless otherwise stated within the scholarship listing
- In order to receive a SUNY Orange Scholarship, the applicant must be registered on or before May 1st for the fall semester
- Applicants whose actual enrollment status differs from the enrollment status checked on the application may be in jeopardy of losing their scholarship, as scholarship criteria can be very particular.
[ top ]
- File an Admissions Application
- Complete the online SUNY Orange Entering Freshman Scholarship Application
(only available while applications are being considered)
- Submit two online letters of recommendations in support of your application
- Submit an academic transcript
- File FAFSA form listing SUNY Orange school code 002876
- Applicants are responsible to ensure that all materials submitted are complete
[ top ]
- Submission of ALL Application Materials – April 15th
- Notification of Recipients – June
- Selection Criteria:
- Academic ability
- Two recommendations from high school Faculty/Guidance Counselor (Returning adults may provide other recommendations)
- Involvement in extracurricular and community service activities
- Academic Transcript indicating 80% or higher average
- Quality of essay
- Demonstrated financial need where applicable
[ top ]
External links above are marked with this symbol †. Clicking on these links will take you out of the SUNY Orange Web site. The college cannot be responsible for the content on these pages, although the links on this page have been reviewed and are recommended by the staff of the Office of Financial Aid.