TRIO's services are intended for first-generation college students, low-income students, or students with a documented disability and academic need.
You may be eligible for TRIO services if you fit the following criteria:
- You are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- You plan to attend SUNY Orange County Community College.
- You are planning to obtain a transferable associate's degree within four years.
- You plan to transfer to a four-year college or university IMMEDIATELY (that Fall) after obtaining an associate's degree from SUNY Orange.
- You have academic need based on at least one of the following:
- You have been placed, or are currently enrolled, in Developmental Math 010/020, Writing 020/030/040/101-091, or Reading 060/061/070/080.
- You have a GED/HSE.
- There may be other qualifiers for academic need, including but not limited to: failing grades, low gpa, undecided major, limited English proficiency. Stop by the Shephard Center today to discuss your situation with a TRIO advisor.
- You meet at least one of the following criteria:
- You are a first-generation college student (neither of your parents has earned a bachelor's degree or higher).
- You meet low-income requirements. This is based on TAXABLE income from last year's tax return or a financial aid application form. (Note: If you are receiving a Pell Grant, you may already qualify.)
- You have a documented disability.