Academic Support offers real-time and "asynchronous" online tutoring for wide range of subjects. What does that mean? For instance, you can chat, call or video conference with a tutor, or you can submit a question about your studies and come back later get your feedback. We work to provide as many support options as possible to meet you where you are and keep you on track to success!
Quick Guide of Your Options
I need help right now!
If you're a SUNY Orange student looking for immediate and time-flexible help, NetTutor offers tutoring in a wide range of subject all days, evenings, and weekends (24/7 for Math)—including holidays!
→ I have a question I want to ask.
To keep reading about all NetTutor has to offer, go here.
I need guidance for the semester!
If you're a SUNY Orange student looking for ongoing and consistent support, Academic Support offers holistic support in a wide range of subjects during posted semester hours.
→ I have a lot of questions & not sure where to start.
As a SUNY Orange student, take advantage of ALL of these options.
If you've visited our centers on-campus before, or even if you're new Academic Support, working with us online is easy to navigate. And no matter how hectic your schedule is, there are so many ways you can get the support you're looking for.
Work with our staff of tutors online during our posted semester hours! Simply fill out our Application for Scheduled Tutoring with all of your information. When you're filling out your application, just select "online" when we ask you if you'd like to meet in person or online.
After you submit your application, we'll be in touch to your SUNY Orange email either to ask you for more information or with your session confirmation and calendar invite.
What do I need to work with Academic Support Online? You can use any of the these to connect with our tutors:
Phone - you have the option of calling into your session if you don't have access to a computer
Once your scheduled online session is confirmed and you receive the calendar invite, all it takes is two clicks from your SUNY Orange email to start your online session and get to work. There are a few easy steps to view your session info. Read our handy handout on how to use Google Meet and make the most out of your session:
What tools does Meet have?
- Meet is like face-to-face tutoring except virtual (there's audio and video). Not to mention, Meet can screenshare to make it as easy as possible to get the work done!
- Like NetTutor, you can work with a tutor from your computer.
- It's as easy as clicking on the calendar invite our staff sends when we set up your appointment.
- You have the option of working 1-on-1, in pairs, or study group sessions with you and your classmates.
NetTutor is an online service available for SUNY Orange students at no extra charge. This is a great option if you aren't able to work with any tutors (online or in person) during our posted semester hours. NetTutor tutors are available evenings and weekends, with math tutoring available 24/7. All in all, NetTutor is a great tool that's available to you no matter your hectic calendar.
Subjects available on NetTutor:
Ready to start working with NetTutor?
NetTutor is easy to access by first going to My.SUNYOrange.edu:
- Click on "Student Services/Resources."
- Click on "NetTutor." (Pro-tip: it's right under our application for scheduled tutoring!)
- Next, select your subject.
- Depending on the subject you select, you have a few options for how to work with a tutor including one-on-one sessions, drop off a question, or submit a paper for feedback. Keep reading below on the different ways you can work with NetTutor...
What do I do next?
Click on your question to get some answers:
- How do I use NetTutor live tutoring?
- How do I drop-off a question and get feedback?
- How do I submit a paper for review and get feedback?
Keep your online learning visual by using any of these free whiteboards:
- AWW App Digital Whiteboard (sharable for multiple people, just click the share icon!)
- Twiddla (click on "start a new whiteboard")
- Microsoft Whiteboard (click on "Get Whiteboard" for Windows or iOS, it's a free download!)
- Groupboard (Academic Support's own shared online whiteboard)
Never hesitate to contact us at any time!