Important Commencement Information
SUNY Orange's 70th Commencement Ceremony will be held on Thursday, May 21 2020 at 5:00 p.m. on the College Alumni Green on the Middletown campus.
All graduates who are participating in the Commencement Ceremony are required to attend a mandatory Commencement Rehearsal on Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. in the Edward S. Diana Physical Education Center at our Middletown campus.
On the day of Commencement, all graduates participating should be in line by 4:25 p.m.
Applying for Graduation
- Complete the Graduation Application and submit it, along with the required $55 fee, to Student Services Central at either the Middletown or Newburgh campuses.
- A $55 graduation fee is required for each degree you are applying for regardless of whether or not you participate in the Commencement Ceremony.
- Check the Registrar's webpage for application deadlines. Not responding by deadlines may result in you not being able to walk in the Commencement Ceremony.
- Commencement information from the Office of the Vice President for Student Services will also be mailed. These letters are stamped “Important Graduation Information.”
- Save these letters as they contain important details you will need to know regarding the Commencement Ceremony.
- Also, please be sure to check your SUNY Orange email account regularly. We will be sending periodic emails with information, deadlines, and important dates regarding Commencement.
Participating in the Ceremony
- Complete the Electronic Response Card no later than May 1st indicating whether or not you plan to walk in the Commencement Ceremony. Responding by May 1st will allow us to place you in the proper order in the student line-up. YOU MUST RESPOND BY THE MAY 1st DEADLINE IN ORDER TO WALK IN THE CEREMONY.
Cap and Gown and Graduation Tickets
- Visit the Cap & Gown and Tickets page for information on caps and gowns, and picking up your graduation tickets.