Coronavirus Update: Feb. 27February 27, 2020
Governor Andrew Cuomo yesterday announced a $40 million statewide emergency appropriation to address responses to Coronavirus cases and to limit the spread of the virus. To date, no confirmed Coronavirus cases have been documented in New York State. However, it is appropriate to remind the College community of precautions we all can take to remain virus-free.
The Centers for Disease Control always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of all respiratory viruses, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
The SUNY Orange Wellness Center also recommends the following websites for additional information on the Coronavirus.
- SUNY: https://www.suny.edu/health-alert/
- CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html
- NYS Department of Health: https://www.health.ny.gov/diseases/communicable/coronavirus/#_blank