Institutional Diversity Initiative
- Diversify our employment base
- Community awareness about our diverse employment base, and stance
Goals to achieve our objective:
- Increase our staff's ethnicity by 5% by 2010
- Increase our diversity presence on campus
- Increase our presence at local ethnic chamber of commerce's, specific ethnic organizations (i.e. Latinos Unidos, NAACP)
Persons responsible: President, VP's, Coordinator of Alumni Affairs and Public Relations
- Establish yearly ethnic celebrations on campus – i.e Hispanic/Latino Heritage Day Celebration, Black History Month, etc.
Persons responsible: Instuitional Equity and Diversity Committee, Cultural Affairs Committee
- Increase the communities and future applicants to our diversity, i.e.:
- Establish a diversity Web page
- Press releases on our new hires, and promotions, and our diversity initiative.
Persons responsible: HR, VP Institutional Advancement, Coordinator of Alumni Affairs and Public
- Increase our recruitment efforts to specifically target specific populations, i.e.
- Use more specific .coms and publications
- Use specific mailing lists and list serves
- Make all search committees aware of our initiatives
- After search committees review resumes find out why minority candidates didn't make it
- Use our new local contacts for recruitment purposes
Persons responsible: Human Resources
- Provide on-going staff development and training on diversity
Persons responsible: HR and VPAA