SPRING 2024 COURSE SCHEDULE
Click here to see what Encore is offering this Spring.
A Non-Credit Program for Lifelong Learners
Welcome to Encore, Orange County Community College's day program for lifelong learners, 55 years and older. Some of those very learners are pictured below ---caught in lively conversation, question asking, and document analysis. Now in its second decade, Encore challenges lifelong learners to "Imagine; explore; grow" through a variety of learning opportunities. These include:
- Short courses.
- Special events, like the annual Members' Meeting.
- Travel-learn trips.
Each semester, exciting courses, special events and travel-learn opportunities like our visits to Saratoga Center for the Performing Arts, Bard's Summerscape, the Thomas Edison Estate and Laboratory, the National Parks Railroad Museum in Scranton and the Museum at Bethel Woods are available.
- celebrates its second decade of service to our students.
- is open to everyone in the tri-state area.
- is modeled after senior learning programs across the country. It was originally proposed by Gertrude Mokotoff, Professor Emeritus, SUNY Orange.
- is sponsored by SUNY Orange/Orange County Community College. The College allows the use of its classrooms and instructional spaces after all academic needs have been met.Many of SUNY Orange's faculty teach in the Encore program.
- creates new and exciting courses, special events and travel-learn opportunities from surveys of its members, potential instructors, and the Encore Steering Committee.
- determines class size based on the available facilities, course content (lecture/hands-on, etc.) and effective learning strategy requirements.
- covers its other expenses through annual membership dues, members fees for additional courses beyond those included in membership, and fees for the various travel-learn opportunities.
- We are located in the Alumni & College Association building across East Conkling Avenue from the Shepard Student Center.
Above: Encore members at work creating art and at Ellis Island.