Empower Student Success:
Equitably link students with their aspirations
Goal #1: Reduce the barriers to learning that keep students from attaining their goals
- Align academic direction alongside nonacademic services
- Academic advising
- Developmental coursework
- Academic support
- Life barriers
Goal #2: Provide more intentional guidance of first-year students to enhance college readiness.
- First-year experience
- Career exploration
- Exploratory degree programs
Goal #3: Increase opportunities for part-time students
- Create part-time specific program maps
- Structure academic support for part-time students
- Bring awareness of non-academic support for part-time students
Goal #4: Strengthen the pipeline from workforce and college readiness programs to degree and certificate programs.
- Have ESL/HSE specific coaches to bridge students from college readiness to degree and certificate programs.
- Create academic and non-academic support systems for our workforce and college readiness programs.
Goal #5: Identify academic areas for the future growth of the College and respond proactively to educational needs in our region. .
- Make data-informed decisions about particular academic programs to expand.
- Develop infrastructure and organizational capacity.
Strengthen our Region’s Economic Future:
Teach and Train for a Brighter Tomorrow
Goal #1: Expand workforce development in emerging, innovative fields.
- Identify business, industry and cultural trends which are responsive to evolving community needs.
- Seek more opportunities for innovation by targeting emerging local skill sets that will lead to an increase in business growth and entrepreneurship.
- Address growing need for blue-collar to white-collar professional development.
Goal #2: Identify and address the needs of an increasingly diverse population and workforce.
- Recognize changing student demographics when planning new initiatives
- Provide expanded evening, weekend, and online course offerings.
- Develop innovative and flexible approaches to educational design and programming while reducing barriers to entry and completion.
Goal #3: Commit to meaningful ongoing faculty and staff development to ensure experience with rapidly developing technologies and information.
- Create interdisciplinary training and educational programming for faculty and staff
- Develop ongoing opportunities to educate faculty and staff on contemporary and dynamic student needs
Goal #4: Develop micro-credentialing and certificate programs to increase career preparation and degree completion.
- Provide relevant course offerings that appeal to both the short-term and long-term needs of students
- Ultimately, these new models may lead to increasing career ladder progression and degree completion.
Goal #5: Increase non-credit pathways to workforce and degree completion through greater integration of CAPE.
- Re-imagine and integrate the role of workforce development and CAPE into all areas of the College through pathways that encourage/link/lead noncredit pathways to the workforce and/or degree completion.
- Create models that utilize pathway designers and certificate coordinators
- Develop and strengthen school-to-work programming
Goal #6: Strengthen awareness of the college as an educational hub for community learning, engagement, enrichment and growth for all residents of Orange County.
- Project the image of the College as a reality for all.
- Continue to emphasize the pillars of our institution: academic and faculty excellence.
Sustain and Invigorate Our Planned Future:
Reimagine Human, Financial and Physical Resources
Goal #1: Improve the effectiveness of our human resources to achieve holistic, student-centered outcomes that enhance the student experience.
- Foster a culture of collaboration and communication among departments and between campuses.
- Establish clearly-defined employee roles to more efficiently meet the needs of students.
Goal #2: Collaborate with community partners and other educational institutions to expand funding opportunities in pursuit of student-centered outcomes
- Provide unique workforce development programs to develop innovative degrees and credentials based on institutional strengths, student needs and partner feedback
- Bolster the partnership with the Foundation, utilizing ongoing and consistent assessment to align the goals of the college, the Foundation, and community partners.
Goal #3: Maximize and more efficiently use existing technologies and physical resources to enhance the student experience.
- Establish sustainable plans and processes that allow for upgrading and maintaining current resources
- Consistently assess resource utilization in collaboration with all stakeholders