Delays and Closings
In the event of inclement weather, or other unforeseen circumstances, that may require SUNY Orange to delay its opening or remain closed entirely, the College will announce its status in a variety of ways, including:
- pop-up announcement on all pages of the College website
- text message to employees and students who have registered for NY Alert
- email to employees and students
- announcement in "Alerts" portlet within MySUNYOrange
- posts on social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter)
- recorded message on the College's main switchboard at (845) 344-6222
- listings on local radio and television stations
Members of the general public may sign up for email messages here.
Should the College need to communicate information regarding an emergency or crisis, many of the above methods will be used. Information, as needed, will also be posted on the College's Emergency announcements and information page.