Amazon Career Choice Program
SUNY Orange and Amazon
Learn more about SUNY Orange degrees and academic communities or complete an inquiry form to indicate your interest in the Amazon Career Choice College Track Program.
SUNY Orange has been selected as an education partner for Amazon’s Career Choice program, providing Amazon’s hourly employees access to the College’s full array of degree and certificate programs. The College offers more than 40 degree and certificate programs housed within seven academic communities: Arts and Media; Business; Culture, Society and the Mind; Education and Human Services; Health Sciences and Wellness; Justice and Community Engagement; and Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM). To view available degrees, please visit: sunyorange.edu/degrees.
“Many residents in Orange County and beyond are looking for convenient ways to access to high-quality, affordable higher education without incurring significant debt, and Amazon’s Career Choice program is an excellent opportunity for Amazon employees to take college credits while they are working,” Young said. “I appreciate that Amazon recognizes the value of a SUNY Orange degree to its employees in the Hudson Valley, and that we’ve been selected in New York State for the Career Choice College Track. Amazon is supporting its employees with pre-paid tuition and so this partnership makes great sense for all involved. I look forward to the College and Amazon collaborating closely on other training, certification and educational programming that will mesh with the Pathways and Foundations tracks within the Career Choice program.”
The Career Choice Program
The Amazon Career Choice program is an education benefit that empowers employees to learn new skills for career success at Amazon or elsewhere. Amazon meets individual learners where they are on their education journey through a variety of education and upskilling opportunities including full college tuition, industry certifications designed to lead to in-demand jobs, and foundational skills such as English language proficiency, high school diplomas, and GEDs. At the present time, SUNY Orange is only a partner with Amazon for the College Track portion of the Career Choice program. The College does not yet participate in the Pathways or Foundations tracks.
- Career Choice launched in 2012.
- Program is live in 14 countries (U.S., Canada, United Kingdom., Germany, Spain, France, Ireland, Italy, Poland, Czech Republic, South Africa, Costa Rica, Slovakia and Australia).
- More than 50,000 Amazon employees have participated globally since inception (more than 35,000 in the U.S.).
- Healthcare, transportation, and information technology are Career Choice’s most popular fields of study globally. With our expanded offering, we expect employees will take advantage of a variety of programs.
- In addition to funding associate and bachelor’s degrees, Amazon’s Career Choice will also fund industry certifications for in-demand jobs, and foundational skills such as high school completion, GED’s, and ESL proficiency certifications
- More than half of Amazon’s participants identify as Black, Hispanic or Native American.
- Amazon has more than 110 on-site Career Choice classrooms in fulfillment centers across the U.S., and more than 20 in Europe.
The educators in the Amazon Career Choice partner network deliver on Amazon’s commitment to provide hourly employees with best-in-class support in their path to career success at Amazon or elsewhere. Together, we are committed to providing excellent education, job placement resources, and continuous improvements to the student experience.