2021 Virtual Celebration - Thursday, May 20, 5 p.m.
SUNY Orange will be honoring its graduates with a Virtual Commencement Ceremony to be held on Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
The Virtual Commencement Ceremony will include messages to the graduates from Fred Watson, Chair of the SUNY Orange Board of Trustees, and Dr. Kristine Young, College President. among others. In addition, the graduates’ photos will be displayed and their names will be announced across the screen.
The College partnered with Herff Jones in collaboration with technology partners Marching Order and Stage Clip to offer this virtual celebration to recognize our graduates.
How to Watch/Interact:
The live-streams start at 4:50 p.m. with music and two messages to graduates by Orange County Executive Steve Neuhaus, and SUNY Orange Foundation Board Chair Frank Peverly. The ceremony starts at 5 p.m.
- SUNY Orange Facebook Premiere - Comment/React/Share/Like/Follow!
- SUNY Orange YouTube Premiere - Comment/Like/Follow!
- Stage Clip Website (scroll down to "Ceremonies" and select the Commencement Ceremony)
- Social Media Wall - Posting social media tagged with #SOClassof2021
- SUNY Orange Foundation Kudoboard - Leave messages for Graduates - these will be made into a keepsake booklet for all graduates.
- Graduation Selfie Contest - Take a selfie on May 20th showing how you're celebrating and tag with these two tags: #SOClassof2021 and #SelfieContest!
- Keep your Clip! - At 7 p.m. on the day of Commencement - your individual video clip from graduation will be available to download from the Stage Clip website.
Message from the President
You are about to complete your degree requirements here at SUNY Orange, meaning you are ready to apply for graduation and participate in our Virtual Commencement Ceremony. I congratulate you upon reaching this most significant milestone.
I encourage you to take part in the Virtual Ceremony, even if you plan to transfer to a four-year institution to earn a bachelor s degree ... or more. Some people may try to convince you to skip Commencement for various reasons, but I would argue that you should participate for two reasons: you ve earned the right to be recognized for your achievement, and it allows US to celebrate YOU.
Even though we will celebrate virtually, I know we will all truly enjoy this special moment and the chance to pay tribute to your accomplishments.
As you depart SUNY Orange for the next phase of your academic career, or as you embark upon a new or revamped professional path, I am confident the College has prepared you to tackle the challenges that await. The College's reputation as a rigorous academic institution will always accompany you and will serve you well, particularly in difficult economic times.
I wish only the best for your future. Enjoy the celebration and savor your successes, but most importantly, be proud of your accomplishments. You've worked hard to get here.
Best of luck from all of us at SUNY Orange.
Dr. Kristine Young