Facebook Ad Pixel SUNY Orange: Financial Aid
SUNY Orange Rowley Center

Welcome to Financial Aid


Federal: 002876 
New York State: 2125

The Office of Student Financial Aid plays a major role in providing access to post-secondary education for students by assisting them in receiving grants, work, and loans to finance their higher education. The Office of Financial Aid serves as a student advocate while also advancing institutional policy and objectives within the framework of rules and regulations governing State, Federal and Private funding sources of aid to whom it must account for the expenditure of funds. Any student accepted into a degree or certificate program and taking one or more classes may apply for financial aid.

Financial Aid information and requirements can see overwhelming at first, so we have a series of videos throughout our site,that will help explain the different options available to you. The How to Can I Pay For College video below is a good place to start!




The FAFSA now requires prior-prior year (PPY) tax return information. This means you will use your/your parent's 2016 TAX RETURN information to complete the process.

If you have already filed your taxes for 2016 you should be able to USE THE IRS DATA RETRIEVAL TOOL (IRS DRT). This allows you to automatically import your tax information into your FAFSA. So, DON'T WAIT ~ DO IT TODAY!

If you plan on taking SUMMER CLASSES, registration will begin in November. Fill out BOTH the 2017/2018 FAFSA & the 2018/2019 FAFSA!!! Then be sure to complete the SUMMER AID REQUEST FORM.

Learn more about the exciting, new EXCELSIOR SCHOLARSHIP for SUNY students!

If you are having trouble viewing the videos above, or have an audio or visual impairment, click here for our low bandwidth version.


The FAFSA is required to qualify for most aid available at SUNY Orange. Need assistance filing out your FAFSA? We have workshops at both campuses to assist you. Once the FAFSA is finished, a statement appears that says "You are now eligible for Federal Financial Aid". This statement has conditions that must be met at our school in order for Federal Financial Aid to be awarded. Students can only receive grants, loans and work study at one college. This is known as the Home School. Students taking Distance Education courses must complete a Consortium Agreement at the Home School.


This link gives you details about the documents you must submit before we can process the aid you have been offered. It is imperative that you respond promptly to our request for missing information. Failure to submit requested documentation prevents your financial aid from being processed so that it shows as a credits on your bill. Click here to see a list of the Financial Aid forms and documents.


How to apply for a Direct Stafford Loan: Stafford Loan Information

How to apply for a Direct PLUS Loan (Parent Loan): Parent PLUS Information