Free Narcan Training
Thursday, 17 October, 2019
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Opioid overdoses in Orange County totaled 118 in 2018 and continue to be the leading cause of accidental deaths in Americans under age 50.
The Wellness Center is hosting a free Narcan (Naloxone) training for members of the campus community who are concerned about opioid overdose. Our nurse, Susan Corbett, a credentialed alcohol and substance abuse counselor (CASAC) will conduct the session on Thursday, October 17 from 12 pm to 1 pm in the Gilman Center, located in the Middletown Campus Library.
Students, faculty, and staff who participate can expect to learn the following:
- Signs and symptoms of an opioid overdose
- How to respond to an overdose
- How to administer Naloxone
- A review of the NYSDOH cost-saving program Naloxone Co-Payment Assistance Program (N-CAP)
- How to identify participating pharmacies where New Yorkers can get Naloxone using their prescription coverage through their health insurance plan
- The benefits of the New York State 911 Good Samaritan Law, including the importance of calling emergency medical services
Narcan kits which provide two life-saving doses will be available to participants.
To register for this class please call (845) 341-3870 or email Susan Corbett, RN, CASAC at email@example.com .