Bridges to the Baccalaureate Info Session
Tuesday, 22 October, 2019
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Summer Research Program
Are you a full-time student interested in getting experience doing scientific research over the summer? Thinking about transferring to a 4 year school after SUNY Orange? Come to an informational session about Bridges to the Baccalaureate Program at SUNY Purchase.
October 22nd, 11:00am-12:00 pm, RCSE 110
Research topics include chemistry, biology, psychology and other STEM fields.
Participants receive housing and a stipend.
Program Dates: May 26-July 17, 2020.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- At least 18 years old and a high school graduate.
- A student at one of the following community colleges: Dutchess, Nassau, Orange County, Rockland, Sullivan County, Ulster, or Westchester.
- Enrolled in a degree program FULL-TIME (taking at least 12 credits) during the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.8
- Meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Be a member of an underrepresented minority group (Hispanic, African American, Pacific Islander, Native American/Alaskan Native)
- Have a disability (A physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities)
- Come from a family with an annual income below established low-income thresholds (Note: Students applying based on financial need must submit a copy of their FAFSA along with the rest of the application.)
Phone: (845) 341-4178