Registration Opens for Current Students
Monday, 4 November, 2019
Registration for the upcoming Winter Intersession, Spring Semester and Summer Sessions begins on Nov. 4. Please check the chart below to see when you may begin your registration process, based upon your degree program, credits accumulated and/or student affiliation.
The Winter Intersession runs from Jan. 2-18 and features eight online classes. The full Spring Semester begins on Jan. 21 and Summer Sessions open on May 26.
To prepare for registration, you should locate your advisor's name in Degree Works and arrange a meeting to review your academic requirements and develop a schedule that will keep you on track to graduate.
Key Registration Start Dates
- All currently enrolled Veterans, Honors, Student Senate, TRIO, EOP, or students with 30 or more credits completed prior to the start of Fall 2019
- All Health Professions Majors (including Exercise Studies)
- All currently enrolled degree-seeking students with 15 or more credits completed prior to the start of Fall 2019
- All currently enrolled degree/non-degree seeking students or re-admitted students
Below is some information regarding how you locate your advisor, and tips on what you should be prepared to discuss as you plan for the upcoming winter intersession, spring semester or summer sessions.
Who is my advisor?
- If you are a current student, you can locate the name of your assigned Advisor in Degree Works
How do I find my advisor?
- Click on the Student Services/Resources tab on your mySUNYOrange dashboard
- In the Academic Advising and Career Planning box, click on "Find My Advisor’s Office Hours"
- Select your Advisor’s name from the drop down menu and click Submit
- If there are no hours posted, you can contact your Advisor directly to see when he or she is available.
- Click on the “Home” tab
- In the “Phone and Email Lookup (Faculty/Staff)” box on the top right of the page, enter in your Advisor’s first and last name and select Search
When do I see my advisor?
- For registration in the Fall semester: October - early November
- Find information on how to prepare for your meeting
Why do I see my advisor
- Change your degree program
- Develop education/career goals, plans and strategies
- Discuss academic progress and difficulties
- Select courses before registration opens and to get your Alternate PIN for online registration
- Add/Drop courses after registering
- Ask questions about programs, procedures and policies
- Get referrals for appropriate services, resources, information, and opportunities
Website: Click to Visit