Welcome to Cultural Affairs!
Cultural Affairs at SUNY Orange presents events which are offered throughout the year.
Programming is diverse and is meant to provide enriching experiences for both the college community and the community-at-large. SUNY Orange warmly invites all members of the community to our events.
The programs represent the highest professional standards of presentation and performance and, in so doing, maintain the profile of SUNY Orange as the dynamic center of the arts, culture and learning in Orange County.
Cultural Affairs at SUNY Orange offers a broad spectrum of events including:
- Exhibits: In Orange Hall--OH Gallery, OH Gallery Loft, OH Gallery Fringe: one large or concurrent exhibits changing every four to eight weeks, often including small musical performances during receptions and sometimes art demonstrations and lectures.
In Kaplan Hall: Mindy Ross Gallery: one exhibit changing every six to ten weeks, often including small musical performances during receptions and sometimes art demonstrations and lectures or discussions. Foyer: Artists of Excellence exhibits running ten to twelve weeks.
- Performances: Music: classical, jazz, ethnic; Theatre: classics, innovative, modern, and new works; Family theatre; Dance: classic, modern, folk, ethnic;
- Lectures: Social studies, science, humanities, art, architecture, music, film, theatre, economics, timely issues.
- Special Events: Big series, major events, events combining several artistic fields.
- Master Classes: Music, art, theatre, poetry/writing, science
- Poetry: Plain, thematic, dramatic, and/or with accompaniment
- Films: Short festivals, documentary, independent, comedy, science fiction, classic, silent, foreign, topic-themed, with introductions & discussions
Images, left to right: Morrison Hall Tower, watercolor by Lana Privitera in Windows to the Past; Parade Watchers, watercolor by Theresa Kubert in North East Watercolor Society 2017 Members’ Exhibit; Gardiner, NY, oil on canvas by Ward Lamb in “Figurative Works” ~ recent drawings and paintings
- March 2017
- April 2017
- May 2017
- Ticketing >
Coordinator of Cultural Affairs
All Cultural Affairs Events are open to the public and all buildings are universally accessible.
NOTE: All artists' images on these pages are copyrighted and are used by kind permission of the artists. Please do not download, reproduce or use without permission.