Office Technologies Degrees and Certificates
“I've always wanted to continue my education, even though returning to school after many years has been a challenge. I feel fortunate that SUNY Orange and its instructors are providing me with the appropriate skills to succeed in the business world. My goal is office management.”
-- Dolors Tirado
Why Office Technologies?
The business world is everywhere! Office services are in demand as the cornerstone for business success. Office technologies encompasses a broad array of jobs, perhaps more than in any other career. You can choose from office management, legal office assistant or secretarial/word processing. The choice is up to you.
Why Office Technologies at SUNY Orange?
The answer is simple: success and cost! Fore more than 50 years we have been preparing students for careers as office assistants. Three special emphasis areas are provided: legal office assistant, office manager and secretary/information processor. Our outstanding success rate for job placement along with our tremendously affordable tuition rates, makes SUNY Orange the logical place to start on the road to the office career you desire.
Top five reasons to study Office Technologies at SUNY Orange:
- Small classes, credentialed faculty, individual attention and available online coursework.
- Nationally accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Many office jobs are presently available both locally in the Hudson Valley and nationwide.
- Internship experience completes the graduate's resume - some leading to jobs in legal firms, educaitonal environments or civil service positions.
- Graduates can transfer to Franklin University for a bachelor's degree in applied management.
Our Office Technologies Program
|Office Technologies Degree / Certificate||Program Description & Career Paths|
|Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.)||Designed for those students who plan to enter the workforce as office assistants.
Three emphasis areas are provided: Legal Office Assistant, Office Management
and Medical Office Assistant.
|Clerical Office Assistant Certificate||Designed for those students who desire to enter the workforce after a shorter
period of one year of education.
We are small enough to give you individual attention and experienced enough to give you individual encouragement. Our dedicated and experienced faculty will provide individual guidance to help you reach your educational and career goals. Please feel free to contact the department Chair, or an Admissions counselor, for more information.