College Readiness Program
SUNY Orange's College Readiness program offers non-credit coursework opportunities designed to help new students who place into developmental courses meet their reading, writing, and math requirements as quickly as possible. Many students who participate in the Summer College Readiness Program have the opportunity to begin the Fall semester in college-level coursework.
Pre-semester Accelerations present a special opportunity for new SUNY Orange students who have placed into any of these courses: Basic Writing Skills 1 (WRT 030), Basic Writing Skills 2 (WRT 040), Fundamentals of Algebra (MAT 020) or Fundamentals of Arithmetic (MAT 010).
The Summer Institute presents a special opportunity for new SUNY Orange students who have placed into both Basic Writing Skills 2 (WRT 040) and either Reading & Study Skills 1 (RDG 070) or Reading & Study Skills 2 (RDG 080).
These accelerated immersion courses are designed to review, refresh and reinforce basic language and math skills through instruction and intensive practice. Students who successfully complete these courses will be reevaluated upon completion to determine their final placement for the Fall semester.
These courses DO ...
- Provide you with the opportunity to meet some or all of your developmental course requirements before the Fall semester begins
- Provide you with extra classroom and one-on-one support and attention from instructors and tutors committed to helping you succeed
These courses DO NOT...
- Use your crucial financial aid
- Require you to purchase textbooks
For questions, or additional information, please call the Academic Affairs Associate Vice Presidents Office at: (845) 341-4209
Pre-Semester Acceleration Course
Summer Institute Course
Payment for Pre-Semester Acceleration and Summer Institute courses is due at time of registration.
How to Register
- Apply to SUNY Orange.
- Take the Placement Test and know your course placements.
- Speak with an academic advisor and ask about summer acceleration courses.