Kindness Initiative 2021
February 15th- 26th
While we are all following safety protocols, wearing masks, and practicing social distancing, we can all use and show kindness in many ways!
Join us with the REMIND app for daily doses of kindness and event reminders during the 2-week initiative: https://www.remind.com/join/ka7f4
Check out our Events Page for specific ways to participate!
Check out Professor Mark Strunsky's virtual presentation!
Weekly Kindness Challenges:
- Encourage Kindness! Tell at least one person about the Kindness Initiative.
- Share a kind word with as many people as possible today.
- Do something helpful for a friend or family member.
- Make a list of kind things that others have done for you in the last month and sincerely appreciate them for those acts of kindness.
- Call or text a relative or friend you haven’t seen in a while.
- Thank anyone who does anything for you today.
- Congratulate someone today for an achievement that may otherwise go unnoticed and
- Notice when you are being hard on yourself and be kind instead.
- Spend loving time with a pet.
- Nature is calming. Spend some time outside, even if it is cold, and allow yourself to appreciate the natural beauty around you. Pick up any trash you encounter to help maintain that beauty.
- Practice solid self-care today by getting some extra sleep, eating right, and staying hydrated.
- Listen to others today (and every day!) with a full, loving heart and without judgment.
- Think of something you can do to spread kindness, and commit to it.
- Surround yourself with images, words, and people that represent kindness.
Share your acts of kindness using #beSOkind!
Feel free to contact the Kindness Krew for more information, to share acts of kindness, and/or to get involved!