Information for Students
Congratulations! You have been nominated as an outstanding student in Orange County. As a result, you have been awarded SUNY Orange's 31st annual Sojourner Truth Award. The award is named in honor of Sojourner Truth, who lived in the mid-Hudson Valley region after escaping from slavery. Ms. Truth is hailed as one of the most distinguished and highly-regarded women of the nineteenth century.
The goal is to recognize you for your accomplishments and to encourage you to consider attending college after you graduate from high school.
This program honors students for achievements in the areas of:
- Creative Arts
- English Language Arts
- Foreign Languages
- Perseverance / Effort
What to know:
- Your teacher, guidance counselor, or principal has selected you to receive a Sojourner Truth Award.
- As an outstanding student you were chosen to receive an award based on the criteria listed above
- Your teacher was asked to submit nominations no later than March 1, 2021.
- Once all nominations have been submitted, a congratulatory letter will be mailed to each student along with the comments written by the teacher who submitted the nomination.
- All Certificates of Recognition will be mailed to your school by April 1, 2021 to be distributed to you by school personnel.
Any questions you have regarding the nomination process can be directed to Dolores Jones at (845) 341-4000 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org