SUNY Orange is proud to offer a Spring day-time Nursing Program at the Newburgh campus.
All interested students must submit an online Spring Nursing Program Application by October 1 for consideration into the Spring program. This application will also be treated as the general application for admission for students who are New, Transfer or Re-admits to the college.
Admissions Requirements (Subject to change)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Eligible to take Freshman English I (ENG 101)
- Eligible to take Intermediate Algebra (MAT 102), or have completed Elementary Algebra (MAT 101) or equivalent with a grade of "C" or higher
- Completed one or more of the following with a grade of "C" or higher:
- Intro to Biology (BIO 110)
- General Biology I (BIO 101) and General Biology II (BIO 102)
- Anatomy & Physiology I (BIO 111)
- Anatomy & Physiology II (BIO 112)
- Passing grade on the Biology CLEP examination
- High School AP Biology (score of 3 or higher)
- Completed High School Regents (NYS) or College Prep Chemistry (with a grade of 75 or higher) or a college Chemistry course with lab (with a grade of "C" or higher) within 10 years
- Students must attain a minimum program GPA of 2.75
Department Specific Requirements:
- Required to take the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) prior to the deadline. You must achieve a minimum ATI Academic Preparedness Level of BASIC for admission consideration. Students who place higher will receive stronger consideration.
- Complete an online pre-admission seminar within 2 years of the application deadline. At the conclusion of the pre-admission seminar, students must complete the survey. Survey results will automatically be sent to the Admissions Office for review. The survey must be completed by October 1.
- The Nursing Department will review transcripts of those students who have been enrolled in a Health Professions program at SUNY Orange or another college.
Do you still have questions?
Take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions page for answers to commonly asked questions by our applicants.