Guidelines for Students Participating in On-Campus Instruction for Spring 2021
The guidelines below are designed to ensure the safety of all students who will return to on-campus instruction this semester. The well-being of every member of the SUNY Orange community--faculty, staff, students, visitors--takes on added significance now, and we must take responsibility for our actions and rely on each other to do the same. All members of the SUNY Orange community, working together in a shared commitment, will keep our campuses safe and ensure a productive Fall 2020 semester.
To protect the health and safety of everyone on campus the following rules, in accordance with New York State guidelines and recommendations for colleges and universities, will be strictly enforced:
Masks & Gloves
- All students, employees and visitors are required to wear a mask or face coveringover nose and mouth at all times when indoors on either campus, including in classrooms, conference rooms and other spaces, even when six-feet social distancing exists. Exceptions to mask wearing include when students are eating meals on campus while seated and social distancing is appropriately enforced, or by themselves. Faculty and staff are likewise exempt when alone in their office or other space.
- Masks must be worn on outdoor campus grounds if social distancing cannot be maintained, but it is recommended to wear masks at all times, even when social distancing can be maintained.
- Masks must meet CDC Guidelines and be worn covering nose and mouth
- The College will provide two reusable cloth masks to each student who will be participating in on-campus instruction
- Disposable gloves will be provided in all active instructional spaces.
Health Screening Tool – Campus Clear
- Daily health screenings will be mandatory for everyone returning to either SUNY Orange campus
- Students will utilize CampusClear each day prior to arriving on a campus
- Download the CampusClear app from your phone or device via the App store, Google Play
or via a web browser
- “Good to Go!” - be prepared to show your daily result to campus staff if asked
- “Not Cleared for Campus Access” – DO NOT come to campus. Follow the instructions provided.
- Students are expected to be ready to show their daily result to their instructors or campus staff when requested. Students whose result is: "Not Cleared for Campus Access" are not to come to campus and should follow the instructions provided in the CampusClear app.
- Directional signs are posted to maintain social distancing throughout buildings
- Only designated building entrances and exits should be used
- For your safety, follow all directions given by College personnel
- Buildings and locations not designated for on campus instruction remain closed to all but essential personnel
- Students should not congregate in hallways and should exit the instructional space immediately after the end of class to help ensure social distancing.
IDs & Parking Passes
- Your course schedule will serve as your student ID
- NO parking permits are required to use designated Middletown campus student parking lots or the Parking Garage in Newburgh
- Most College staff and faculty will be working remotely this semester
- All Student and Academic Services offices are reachable by phone during business hours
- Access information on services through MySUNYOrange
- Check your SUNYOrange email daily to stay informed
- High-touch surfaces in all active instructional spaces will be disinfected between groups of students.
- Hand sanitizer will be located throughout buildings
Student Code of Conduct
- Compliance with the rules and regulations outlined in the Code of Conduct is expected of every student in both on campus and remote settings.
WHAT STUDENTS SHOULD KNOW FOR SPRING 2021