Who can participate?
Students who meet the following criteria are eligible to be a member of CSTEP:
- Full time SUNY Orange Student (enrolled in at least 12 credits)
- New York State resident who is either a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Identify as African-American, Hispanic/Latino, American Indian, Alaska native or Pacific Islander and/or a person who qualifies as economically disadvantaged in New York state based on family income/size (PDF)
- Pursuing a licensed profession, health-related profession or a career in science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM)
- Be matriculated in one of the following programs: Accounting (ACC), Architecture (ARC), Business (BUS), Computer Information Technology (CIT), Cyber Security (CYB), Criminal Justice (CRJ), Dental Hygiene (DNT), Education (EDU), Engineering (ENG), Exercise Studies (EXER), Human Services (HUM), Jointly Registered Teacher Education Program (JRTEP), Pre Health Professions (LASMS), Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT), Nursing (NUR), Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA), Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA), or Radiologic Technology (RAD).
- Maintain at least a 2.0 GPA
What to expect once I join?
All CSTEP Students are expected to maintain their GPA's (at least 2.0), participate in events and meetings, and communicate with the team. Then, students can expect to receive the many perks of being a member of CSTEP such as:
- Book Vouchers
- End of Semester Participation Stipends
- Access to Research Opportunities
- Becoming Part of the CSTEP Family
- Meeting New People
- Social Events
- Paid CSTEP Leadership Positions
- Invites to Conferences
- Pop-up Events from other CSTEP programs
- Cool Swag
- Events with Food
- Graduation Stoles
- Achievement Awards
How do I apply?
If you are interested in joining CSTEP, please complete our online application and then a member of our team will be in contact with you via your SUNY Orange email for next steps!
We look forward to working with you!