SUNY Orange is a Division III member of NJCAA Region XV, and the Mid Hudson Conference. The Men's Soccer program at SUNY Orange has a long and storied history. The program was started in the early 1950's by Coach Chachis. Coach Chachis was the founder of the NJCAA National Soccer Tournament, a tournament that SUNY Orange won three times in the late 1950's. Chachis was recently inducted into the National Soccer Hall of Fame. The program enjoyed much success through the 1960's and 1970's. Under Coach Jim Miglli, the 1977 team gained a #1 national ranking. In the late 1990's, the program became a dominant force. Coach Mike Swanwick led the Colts to four consecutive Mid-Hudson Conference Titles. During this time, the Colts received numerous national rankings and had many players named to all-conference and all-region teams.
Why become a Colt?
- Be part of a program that has a long history at the College, with many Mid Hudson championships over the years
- Our players are generally in the hunt for conference MVP honors as well as being considered for spots on regional all-star teams
- Take advantage of a quality education at an affordable price, and transfer to a four year institution where you can continue your soccer career
- Studies show that student athletes are more likely to thrive after college than their peers who were not athletes
- Join a fun and competitive program that will enhance your collegiate experience while helping you form friendships that can last a lifetime