Community College in the High School Program
SUNY Orange's Community College in the High School Program (CCHSP) offers high-achieving
juniors and seniors the opportunity to earn college credits while attending high school.
The program serves more than 800 students in 16 Orange County high schools. CCHSP
courses are usually offered during regular school hours.
- Lower tuition costs - $69.50 per credit;
- Shortens the time period required to earn a college degree;
- CCHSP students are eligible to use SUNY Orange facilities and attend on-campus events;
- CCHSP courses are a strong addition to college applications.
- Seniors must have a cumulative GPA of 85 and a minimum grade of 85 on the relevant Regents exam, if applicable.
- Juniors must have a cumulative GPA of 90 and a minimum grade of 90 on the relevant
Regents exam, if applicable.
Here are some of the survey responses from our CCHSP students from local high schools on how the program benefitted their College applications and decisions:
- "This program helped me to decide what major to pursue in college." (Pine Bush High School)
- "Taking college level courses in my senior year helped me to adjust to the work load of college and the stress levels. It's a huge change from high school courses. I now feel prepared to succeed. And I can breathe easier my first year because I have 12 credits already finished!" (Valley Central High School)
- "Showed college admission officers that I am doing above and beyond the high school programs. Also prepared me for college level work." (Minisink Valley High School)