Committee for Institutional Diversity and Equity
- 2 from each Academic Division
- 2 Support Staff
- 1 Professional Staff
- 2 Student representatives
Ex Officio Members
- Diversity Coordinator
- Affirmative Action Officer
- Senior AVP Newburgh Campus (or designee)
- Disability Specialist from Accessibility Services
- Director of Student Support Initiatives (or designee)
The Committee for Institutional Diversity and Equity will:
1. Review suggested revisions and recommend revisions to the Affirmative Action Manual.
2. Advise and collaborate with Human Resources regarding continuing attempts to more closely match potential new employees' demographics with student and county demographics.
3. Direct strategies to infuse diversity and equity into all aspects of campus life, academic and non-academic.
4. Assist the Diversity Coordinator in coordinating educational programming that celebrates diversity and equity.
5. Serve as a forum to discuss and act upon issues pertaining to institutional diversity and equity and make suggestions regarding strategies on how to resolve such issues.