The services offered include:
- Pre-freshman Summer Academy A required orientation program introducing students to the college, to EOP, and to the support services available to help students reach their educational and career goals.
- Tutoring program- Professional tutors to help students in academic coursework at no cost to EOP student.
- General academic advisement- Counselors are available to assist the student in identifying interests, abilities, and expectations, and to help students plan and reach their degree and transfer goals.
- Supplemental assistance grant- A direct aid grant to eligible EOP students based on need for books and educationally related expenses
- EOP/HEOP Transfer- Eligibility for transfer as an undergraduate to participating New York State colleges and universities as an (H)EOP student.
Does the EOP office which provides disability-related IEP accommodations?
Is EOP a financial aid program?
Not primarily. Although most students who receive EOP support do receive an additional direct aid grant, other support services from EOP are emphasized.
Does EOP pay tuition and housing cost?
No. The EOP direct aid grant that students receive helps provide support services to EOP students. Other grants and scholarships may be required to meet all your expenses.
Where can I get more information about the financial aid at SUNY Orange?
For more information call 845-341-4190 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is there additional information on financial planning and paying for college you can offer?
Students applying for or participating in EOP at SUNY Orange are encouraged to plan carefully for the financial side of college attendance. You can use our Student Support Initiatives' Financial Wellness webpage, which contains much information on financial planning and choices for college students. You are strongly encouraged to come in and meet with EOP staff, or arrange a time to talk on the phone, if there is any way we can help you with understanding your financial aid award, what your college costs will be, and how to plan and budget for your college attendance.
What kind of income documentation may be needed for EOP admission?
EOP applicants may be required to provide the Financial Aid Office with documentation of family income to verify economic eligibility for admission to the program. We must receive proof of all income, including non-taxable income. All income documents must state the total received for the year. Documentation may be required depending on the family's source(s) of income.