- Complete a SUNY Orange application and check off that you are also applying to become an EOP student
- Apply for a FSA ID at fafsa.ed.gov
- Complete and submit a FAFSA (Federal PELL) application at fafsa.ed.gov
as soon as possible. SUNY Orange’s School Federal Code is 002876
- You can complete and submit a New York State TAP application when you apply for FAFSA
, but for more information regarding NYS TAP you can visit at https://www.tap.hesc.ny.gov/
SUNY Orange’s NYS TAP School Code is 2125
- Provide all income documentation requested our Financial Aid Office
- Enroll full-time by registering for at least 12 credit hours
- Complete and submit an online EOP application by April 1, 2020
- Confirm and attend mandatory three-week EOP Summer Academy
- Obtain your official class schedule
- Purchase your textbooks after participation in the EOP Summer Academy
Once income and academic standards are verified you will be conted with a pre-acceptance letter. Your acceptance to the program is contigent upon you completing the additional requirements of attending a New Start workshop and registering for a full-time class schedule. Attendance to the three week EOP Summer Academy is MANDATORY.
Questions, please contact the Sharisse Smith-Owens, EOP Success Coach, at (845) 341-9718 or email@example.com
SUNY Application Fee Waiver for EOP Students
The $40 SUNY application fee is waived for those eligible for admission to EOP at a new institution. If you think you are eligible, answer "YES" to the question, "Are you applying for the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP)?" If you are found to be ineligible, you will be billed for the fee.
- Applicants who are deemed ineligible for EOP for financial reasons may still qualify for admission and for financial aid as traditional candidates.
- Contact the Admissions or EOP office at your college choice before you apply.
Educational Opportunity Program Expectations
- Students must sign a student contract which outlines their responsibilities while participating in EOP
- Attend the mandatory three-week Summer Academy
- Offered to matriculated FULL-TIME STUDENTS ONLY
- Students must attend all of their classes each semester
- New Students must meet with their EOP counselor for scheduled appointments. Continuing students in good standing are required to meet monthly or as specified by their EOP counselor
- Students must attend scheduled retention meetings and enrichment programming
- Students must not withdraw from any courses without consulting with an EOP counselor, advisor, or administrator
- Students must respond to correspondence received from the EOP office
- Students must attend tutoring sessions unless otherwise specified an EOP advisor
- Failure to uphold the student’s responsibilities can result in removal from the program