Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
SUNY Orange is required to monitor the academic progress of each applicant and certify that the applicant is making satisfactory academic progress toward earning their degree. Both Federal and State regulations require students to meet basic academic standards in order to remain eligible for financial assistance. Failure to meet one or more of the established standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) will make a student ineligible.
All previous academic history, even if the student didn't receive financial aid, is
included in the academic review. It is the student's responsibility to monitor academic progress and to understand
the criteria needed to maintain both federal and state financial aid eligibility.
Information about our Federal and State SAP Standards, Probation, and SAP Appeals can be found by selecting the corresponding links in the left menu.
UPDATE TO SAP REVIEW: Starting Fall 2022, Federal SAP reviews will be completed on a semesterly basis. We have discontinued the yearly review. The State Policy has not changed.
How to Check Your Academic Progress
1. Visit any SUNY Orange webpage and select the "mySUNYOrange" icon on the top of the page to enter the mySUNYOrange student portal.
2. Sign-in using your mySUNYOrange student sign-in credentials. You must be admitted
to the college to receive these credentials.
3. Once signed in, the main menu SUNY Orange's portal will be displayed. On the left hand menu, select the "Student Finances" link to enter Student Finances section of the portal.
4. On the Student Finances Page, select "Progress" under Financial Aid Requirements.
5. Select the "AID YEAR" for which you are attending SUNY Orange and receiving financial
aid. Be sure to hit "SUBMIT" after you choose the aid year.
2022-2023: Summer 2022*, Fall 2022, Winter 2023, Spring 2023, Summer 2023*
2021-2022: Summer 2021*, Fall 2021, Winter 2022, Spring 2022, Summer 2022*
*Summer is considered a cross-over term, so it could either end an academic year or start a new one.
6. Select the "Academic Progress" tab under the Financial Aid Tab
SAP Appeal Deadlines
SAP appeal reviews may take a minimum of 7 to 15 business days to review. During busy times of the year,
reviews will take longer. Submitting an appeal does not guarantee approval or reinstatement
of financial aid eligibility. If you have a balance due you should either pay in full or be enrolled in a payment
plan. Waiting on an appeal decision will not prevent you from being dropped from
FEDERAL AND STATE DEADLINES
SUMMER SEMESTER: July 1st
FALL SEMESTER: October 1st
WINTER/SPRING SEMESTER: March 1st
Submitting an appeal does not automatically save your courses from being dropped for non-payment. Payment arrangements must be in place by the deadlines posted on the Student Accounts Payment Deadline website or you may be dropped from your upcoming courses. Classes will not be held due to an appeal pending review.
- SAP Appeals submitted after the deadline will automatically be denied for that term.
- SAP Appeals submitted without supportnig documentation will be autoatically denied.
- There is no appeal for Maximum Time Frame (150%) rule.