- Databases A to Z or By Subject Search our periodical databases for full-text articles, abstracts, and citations.
- Subject & Research Guides Sources and database links for specific classes and subjects.
- Search: Books | eBooks | articles and more Use this search tool to find articles and books that the library has on all topics.
- E-Journals* Search for specific journals available electronically and the databases in which they can be found.
- New York Online Virtual Electronic Library (NOVEL)*
NOVEL gives New York State residents online access to the full text of articles from hundreds of journals, newspapers and reference sources.
Provided by the New York State Library, NOVEL is an online virtual library connecting New Yorkers to 21st century information via local libraries statewide. NOVEL is currently supported with temporary federal Library Services and Technology Act funds. New Century Libraries is an important statewide funding initiative currently before the Legislature that proposes permanent state funding for NOVEL.
- Archive/Digital Project*
In collaboration with the Hudson River Valley Heritage Digital Initiative, the SUNY Orange Library is in the process of digitizing some of the archival material in its possession. This collection documents the lives of the Horton and Morrison families and the evolution of the college.
TurnItIn is an Internet utility that scans electronic versions of research papers for sections of text copied from electronic sources such as web pages, research papers, journal literature and others. Place a TurnItIn drop box into your Blackboard course shell for student submissions. The paper must be submitted either as a MS Word, .pdf, .txt, or other type of word processed format. If you need help contact the campus administrator Andrew Heiz.
Turnitin shows how much of the student's paper matches content from Turnitin’s databases so instructors can quickly understand how much of the paper is unoriginal. Matched sources from the paper appear in an easy-to-understand format revealing color-coded sources corresponding to non-original work.