Early Childhood Development and Care EIP Scholarships are available to students in the Certificate and AAS programs.
According to the Educational Incentive Program (EIP) website, the EIP scholarship is a "program that helps child care providers pay for training and educational activities with the intent to build provider knowledge, skills, and competencies in order to improve the quality of child care. To be eligible for EIP, child care providers must be required to take training and must be caring for children in a program regulated by the New York State Office of Children and Family Services (NYS OCFS) or the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (NYC DOHMH)."
Scholarship money is available for child care providers working in:
- child care centers including Head Start centers
- family child care programs
- group child care programs and
- school-age child care programs
For more information or to apply:
- log on to the EIP website
- call 1-800-295-9616
- send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- contact your local child care agency