Title IX - Non-Discrimination
Notice of Non-Discrimination
Orange County Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction or any other category protected by law. The College adheres to all federal and state civil rights laws prohibiting discrimination in public institutions of higher education.
Inquiries regarding this non-discrimination policy may be directed to:
Civil Rights Compliance Officer
115 South Street, Middletown NY 10940
Under Title IX, discrimination on the basis of sex can include sexual harrassment, rape, and sexual assault. For more information on Title IX, the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) and SUNY Orange reporting policies, please visit our Sexual Assault Prevention (VAWA) page.
If you have experienced sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking:
- Get to a safe place as soon as you can.
- Try to preserve all physical evidence; do not bathe, douche, or change your clothes.
- Contact SUNY Orange Department of Safety and Security:
- Middletown - dial 77 from a campus phone or call 341-4710
- Newburgh dial 9533 from a campus phone or call 341-9533
- You may also use one of the Blue Light emergency phones, or any of the red or yellow phones located throughout both campuses.
- Call the Campus Sexual Assault Victims Hotline 844-845-7269. Reports made to the hotline will result in a response and investigation by the New
York State Police Campus Sexual Assault Victims Unit.
For further help and resources, please visit our Sexual Assault Prevention and Reporting page on the Wellness Center website.