- Are you looking to work in the financial sector or the global marketplace?
- Do you want to be prepared to enter the business world?
- Would you like to complete your resume with internship experience?
If your answer to any of these questions is yes, you should strongly consider examining why the SUNY Orange Business Department is the educational choice of Orange County for business and beyond.
A Business Degree is more than just a series of classes; it's an investment in your future. It will teach you to think about business in ways you didn't expect.
It will teach you to look at business in ways that will keep you thinking far into the 21st century, and will help you keep competitive in a rapidly changing, technologically challenging global marketplace.
"Through the experience of my internship, I quickly became prepared for the business world. The internship program helped me to bridge the gap from the theories and cases I was learning in class to what really happens in the workplace. SUNY Orange helped me sort out what I want and don't want to do with my future."
-- Heidi Grodecki
Business isn't just about numbers, or about statistics; it's about adapting and change. Education is the key to real success in the 21st century.
There are several Business programs that can prepare students for transfer to a four-year institution or to immediately start their career.
- The A.S. degree is designed for those who plan to continue their education at a four year college. A. S. degree programs are in Accounting and Business Administration.
- The A.A.S. degree is designed as a career-oriented curriculum. However, certain four-year colleges will transfer all or most of the credits. A.A.S. degree programs are in Accounting, Business Management, Marketing, Medical Office Management, and Office Technologies.
- Certificates - are designed to provide students the opportunity to develop business skills at the collegiate level. Certificate are offered in Accounting Procedures, Business Studies, Clerical Office Assistant.
Please see your advisor to determine which of the degree programs is best for your academic needs. To learn more about the curriculum in each degree program, please click on the program in the left-hand column.
The Business Department seeks to provide students with educational activities to develop the necessary critical thinking, technical, problem solving, and communication skills in order to fulfill their career or transfer goals.
All of the Business Department degree programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Please visit our ACBSP Accreditation page for more information.