Where Excellence in Achieved!
The Business Department provides opportunities for students to join a Business Club headquartered on each campus.
Faculty Advisors for the clubs are:
If you are interested in becoming a member you can do any of the following:
- Join us on Tuesdays during the fall and spring semester at 11 AM in the Business Club Zoom Meeting at http://sunyorange.zoom.us/j/95175172284
- Contact one of the faculty advisors for more information. See above contact information.
Events and Activities
MEETINGS: The Business Club has meetings and activities at both Middletown and Newburgh campuses.
Starting the second week of the semester the club will meet remotely on Tuesdays at 11 AM by Zoom.
OFFICERS: Each semester the club members will elect officers. Any student may run for office. To be an officer a requirement is a commitment to attend meetings and contribute to the club. For returning students, club officers must have a CQPA of at least 2.0.
CLUB DAY: Every semester the Business Club participates in Club Day at both campuses. This campus event is sponsored by the Student Activities Office and is designed to give clubs the opportunity to present their activities to students and get new members.
GUEST SPEAKERS: Guest speakers are scheduled every semester. These speakers range from entrepreneurs who share their entrepreneurial experiences in starting a business in Orange County. Speakers also discuss approaches to marketing in today's business environment.
If you are interested in being a speaker or know someone who would like to speak to the club, or want to know more about the club please contact a faculty advisor:
Hope to see you at the next meeting!
The Business Club's primary objectives are:
- To promote interest in business
- To sponsor speakers on campus who will discuss current business issues
- To bring business leaders to campus to meet with students
- To be involved in community-based projects
- To discuss and share business related topics
- To provide field trips to enhance first-hand knowledge of the business world
- To be involved in fund raisers to help finance the club's activities