How to Participate
This year SUNY Orange will honor its graduates with a virtual ceremony to be held online Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
The College has partnered with Herff Jones in collaboration with technology partners Marching Order and Stage Clip to offer a Virtual Commencement Ceremony to recognize our graduates.
Apply for Graduation
- Complete the Graduation Application on the Registrar's website. Email the completed form to the Registrar's Office.
- You must fill out an application for each degree you have completed regardless of whether or not you participate in the Virtual Ceremony.
- Check the Registrar's webpage for application deadlines. Not responding by deadlines may result in you not being able to participate in the Virtual Ceremony
Grades for Spring
Your Spring 2021 grades will be available through Self-Service Banner at MySUNYOrange. If you are unable to activate your account, please call the IT Department at 845-341-4749.
May 2021, August 2021 and December 2020 Graduates
May 2021, August 2021, December 2020 Graduates are eligible to participate in the Virtual Ceremony.
May 2021 Graduates will receive their diplomas in the mail in June. August 2021 will receive their diplomas in the mail in September
Gold Honor Cords
Graduates who achieve a final cumulative grade point average of 3.2 or higher are eligible to purchase gold honor cords as a designation of their achievement. Qualifying May 2021 graduates and August 2021 candidates for graduation will receive an email from the Registrar's Office during the week of the Virtual Commencement letting them know whether they are eligible to purchase a cord for $15. The email will provide instructions and the link to purchase your cord.
If you are a member of Phi Theta Kappa or in the Honors Program contact your advisors regarding how to acquire a stole.
Veteran graduates can request a stole designating their branch of the military. Contact the Center for Student Involvement by email at email@example.com no later than May 5, 2021. Provide your name, mailing address and branch of service when making your request.
Look out for Instructions by Email
- Virtual Commencement information from the Office of the Vice President for Student Services will be emailed to you.
- Important details you will need to know regarding the Virtual Commencement Ceremony will be provided.
- Please be sure to check your SUNY Orange email account regularly. We will be sending
periodic emails with instructions, deadlines, and important dates regarding the Virtual
Cap & Gown
- Visit the Cap & Gown page for information on ordering your cap and gown.
- Graduation application process:
Contact the Registrar's Office at (845) 341-4140 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Commencement Exercises:
Contact the Office of the Vice President for Student Services (845) 341-4000 or email email@example.com