How to Participate
Three separate Ceremonies will be held as follows on May 23:
- Health Professions Division Exercises: 9:30 a.m.
- Business, Math, Science and Technologies Division Exercises: 2:00 p.m.
- Liberal Arts Division Exercises: 5:00 p.m.
Apply for Graduation by April 1
- Complete the Graduation Application on the Registrar's website.
- Check the Registrar's webpage for application deadlines. Not responding by deadlines may result in you not being able to participate in the Ceremony
Complete Electronic Response Card by April 29
After you complete the Graduation Application with the Registrar's Office, you must complete the Electronic Response Card to let us know you wish to participate in the Commencement ceremony, and include you in the line-up. Only those who respond by completing the form will be allowed to walk in the ceremony: The deadline to respond is April 29 2024.
Which students are eligible to participate?
December 2023 graduates, students who are anticipating graduating in May 2024, and eligible August 2024 candidates for graduation are eligible to march in the ceremony.
Check the Registrar's webpage for the graduation application and the application deadlines.
If you choose to march you must complete the Electronic Response Card no later than April 29, 2024 to let us know your intention to participate in the ceremony
Accommodations for a disability
If you have a disability that could affect how you participate in the ceremony, please let us know as soon as possible so we can make the necessary arrangements. Please contact our office at (845) 341-4000.
Accessible parking for guests will be available on the day of the ceremony.
When do I get my diploma?
Whether or not you walk in the Commencement ceremony, all diplomas for May 2024 graduates will be mailed 4-6 weeks after Commencement. Only diploma covers will be presented to the graduates the day of the ceremony. August 2024 candidates for graduation who were eligible to walk will receive their diplomas in September once they have completed all of their degree requirements.
Look out for Instructions by Email
- Commencement information from the Office Student Services will be emailed and mailed to you.
- Important details you will need to know regarding your specific Commencement Ceremony will be provided.
- Please be sure to check your SUNY Orange email account regularly. We will be sending periodic emails with instructions, deadlines, and important dates regarding your Ceremony
- Graduation application process:
Contact the Registrar's Office at (845) 341-4140 or e-mail email@example.com
- Commencement Exercises:
Contact the Office Student Services (845) 341-4000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org