SUNY Orange Library Mission Statement
The SUNY Orange Library strives to meet the scholarly and educational needs of the college community by providing access to quality information resources, instruction and services.
The library resources shall support the curricula of the College, provide the basis for a well-rounded liberal education, and meet the research needs of the college community.
- Objective 1: Identify, select and acquire library materials to meet student and curricular needs.
- Objective 2: Evaluate and replace materials within the collection.
Provide an effective program of Library Instruction where students will learn the methods and processes necessary to effectively carry out research for scholarly purposes and the pursuit of life-long learning.
- Objective 1: Continue to promote the Library Instruction Program.
- Objective 2: Collaborate with academic departments to integrate information literacy activities into the curriculum.
- Objective 3: Regularly review and adjust the Information Literacy Assessment Plan to measure the impact of library instruction on student learning and to improve the delivery of instruction.
- Objective 4: Conduct an ongoing cycle of assessment for continuous improvement.
Provide access to a full-range of information materials and resources.
- Objective 1: Sustain the campus library learning environment by continuously evaluating and expanding services.
- Objective 2: Provide anytime/anywhere access to sources of information outside the immediate collection.
- Objective 3: Provide technology that supports productivity, efficiency, and information seeking behaviors.
- Objective 4: Optimize the user experience by identifying and studying issues relating
patron interaction with the library, its resources and services.
Create a friendly, safe and supportive virtual and physical environment with trained staff and state-of-the-art equipment and facilities to support the research process.
- Objective 1: Provide an adequate number of trained staff at public service points within the Library.
- Objective 2: Regularly add and upgrade equipment and facilities to support changing curricular and student needs.
Updated November 5, 2015