Information for Students
The Physical Therapist Assistant Program seeks to admit twenty-four students each academic year. The deadline for applications is February 1st for the following August. Minimal eligibility requirements for the PTA program are listed at the following address: http://www.sunyorange.edu/admissions/health_professions/index.html
Anyone with questions regarding the criteria for admissions should contact the Admissions Office, (845) 341-4030 (firstname.lastname@example.org). All students accepted into the program are required to attend an orientation program before the beginning of classes in the Fall (date to be announced).
PTA Student Handbooks
- PTA STUDENT HANDBOOK 2020 (PDF)
- PTA STUDENT HANDBOOK 2020 (TXT)
- PTA STUDENT HANDBOOK 2021 (PDF)
- PTA STUDENT HANDBOOK 2021 (TXT)
- PTA STUDENT HANDBOOK 2022 (PDF)
- PTA STUDENT HANDBOOK 2022 (TXT)
The curriculum of the PTA program is rigorous. It includes course work in biological, physical and social sciences; humanities; physical therapy technical courses; laboratory instruction on campus; supervised clinical experience and instruction in health care facilities located within many counties of New York (Orange, Sullivan, Dutchess, Ulster, Putnam, Rockland, Westchester, and Albany: and New York City); Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Connecticut. Graduates of the two year program receive an A.A.S. Degree in Physical Therapist Assisting and are eligible to sit for the national boards.
Other links (clicking on these will take you away from this page)
- Detailed Student Information - Program Content, Grades, Physicals, Costs, Financial Aid, Policies, Student Employment, Student Support Services - plus much more!
- Student News