In order to receive your Student ID you will need the following:
Download the 'TouchNet 360u' app for Android or Apple to set up your electronic ID.
- Once downloaded, search "SUNY Orange."
- Log in to the SSO Account Type using your MySUNYOrange sign in information.
- Follow instructions in the main menu for submitting your ID photo. Your photo must meet the following criteria or may be rejected and you will be asked to submit another.
- Do NOT use a photo of a photo.
- The background in the photo must be white or solid light color.
- The photo must be in color.
- You must be the only person in the photo. Please do not include any objects or animals.
- The photo should be only of your head from the shoulders up. Center your head fully toward the camera and keep the camera straight. No tilted photos.
- Your face must be clearly visible and facing the camera.
- Do NOT wear sunglasses, hats, or other accessories that impede on full visibility of your face. (Prescription glasses with clear lenses and religious headwear are acceptable).
- No graduation photos.
- You may smile, but no other gestures are permitted.
- Photos must be saved as a .jpg, .jpeg, or .png
Please allow 2-3 business days for your photo to transfer to the app. Once your photo is approved, you will see it on the App with a QR Code. This is NOT a full electronic ID. Please allow an additional 24 business hours for the electronic ID to be accessible on the App.
Do NOT login to Touchnet 360U App on multiple devices. This will cause conflict in the app and your login will need to be reset by ITS. We recommend you login on the device you most commonly carry with you for easy access to your ID card (i.e. your mobile device).
On the app, your electronic ID will have "front view" and "back view" capability. The “back view” also includes a bar code for use in college library facilities. Please note that the other items on the app main menu including Service, Events, Access, Purchases, Map and Favorites are not yet functioning.
If you are experiencing difficulty logging into the app, please contact the ITS Help desk at https://sunyorange.edu/its/support/student_support.html
The Student ID is REQUIRED to gain access to the shuttle between Middletown and Newburgh campuses. It also serves as your library card and student events pass which enables you to gain free admission or special student rates to various Student Activities!
Note for Faculty and Staff: The process for a virtual ID is the same as listed above. You may upload your virtual ID on the app at any time. Human Resources will release campus-wide notification when they are able to begin processing printed IDs. We appreciate your patience while we prepare to make this as efficient as possible.