Financial Aid Requirements
In order to receive Federal & State Financial Aid, students must meet the following requirements:
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and NYS Tuition Assistance Program (NYS TAP), and Excelsior Scholarship applications. (Remember this is available October 1st for the next academic year).
- Be admitted to SUNY Orange.
- Supply valid high-school transcripts or a GED to Admissions.
- Be enrolled in a degree program.
- Register for courses that are applicable towards your degree program.
(New students will be packaged under the assumption of full time enrollment. Returning students will be packaged based on enrollment. Financial aid packages will be adjusted after the Drop/Add period)
- Complete all outstanding requirements which are listed on your mySUNYOrange.
- Submit Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) and Covid-19 Vaccine documentation to the Wellness Center.
- Once classes started, maintain a good attendance record. Excessive absences or not attending your courses may cause reduction or elimination of Financial Aid.
- Speak to financial aid about the effects of dropping/adding courses.
- Must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- If you are selected for Federal Verification, complete the requirement with ProEd.
- Contact Financial Aid with any questions you may have.
- For Direct Loan Borrowers, complete your Direct Loan Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note via https://studentaid.gov/
- NYS Residents: Complete your NYS Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) and Excelsior Scholarship applications at https://www.hesc.ny.gov/
Target dates are not deadlines. Target dates ensure that the financial aid funds you are eligible to receive will be in your account for tuition deferment before the payment-due date. After these target dates, applications for financial aid and loans can still be processed, but you may have to arrange for alternative means of payment, such as using your own funds or participating in the Tuition Payment Plan, until your financial aid processing is completed.
All necessary documents need to be on file. in the appropriate offices, for financial aid processing by the target date.
Target Date for FAFSA and NYS TAP Application
- Fall Enrollees: April 15th
- Spring Enrollees: December 1st
Financial aid package will start being processed after the April 15th deadline.
Don't delay, Apply Today!!