Accessibility Grievance Process
Orange County Community College has adopted an internal grievance process to resolve complaints alleging discrimination, harassment and/or retaliation based on disability.
A student who feels they have been denied accommodations or discriminated against because of a disability by a faculty member, a staff member or another student, may choose to have their concerns addressed through either an informal or formal grievance process.
- Speak with the faculty or staff member, express your concerns and the outcome you are seeking and resolve the situation. If you are not satisfied then,
- Contact the Accessibility Services supervisor (AVP Madeline Torres-Diaz, email@example.com) and arrange a meeting. At the meeting express your concerns and the outcome you are seeking. Bring any evidence to support your complaint.
Work together to come to an amicable resolution.
If your complaint cannot be resolved through the informal process, you may file a formal grievance. The formal grievance must be filed within 30 days of the alleged violation. You may decide to begin with the formal process as outlined here:
- Put your complaint in writing. Complete and submit the Charge of Discrimination Form (link to HR website Non-Discrimination/Title IX page).
- Submit your complaint to the Vice President for Student Services (Deputy ADA Coordinator) Gerianne Brusati, 115 South Street, Shepard Center 3rd floor, Middletown, NY 10940; firstname.lastname@example.org; 845-341-4020.
- A review of the complaint will be undertaken by the Deputy ADA Coordinator and may include interviews, meetings with staff and/or students and evidence gathering to determine the validity of the complaint.
- Upon completion of the review, within 30 days, a formal decision letter will be sent to the student.
A student may appeal the decision of the Deputy ADA Coordinator within 15 days by writing to the AVP for Human Resources /ADA Coordinator Iris Martinez-Davis, 115 South Street, Orange Hall, Middletown, NY 10940; email@example.com (845) 341-4660